Friday, April 10, 2009

What's Your Story?

The thing that makes Good Friday "good" is that Jesus paid the penalty for my sin on that day. Only bad people need to repent. But when you're bad, you aren't a good enough person to repent. The only one good enough to do something that noble is God, who doesn't need to repent. That's what makes Calvary so amazing. Jesus owed no debt, but He stepped in on my behalf and accomplished the greatest "bailout" in human history.

So I want to know your story. For the next week both here and on my Facebook page, I'm inviting all of my friends to celebrate the resurrection by telling me your story. To get you fired up about it, I'm sharing Matthew West's video, "Next thing you know." Enjoy the video, and tell me your story. When did it happen? How did it happen? What's your life like now? It's what makes Good Friday great.

1 comment:

  1. Bro. Keith: You had such an impact on my life when you were my pastor in Montgomery. I have written a testimony of my life, of what the Lord has brought me through and how He has managed to supply me with incredible strength and how I have been able to finally find joy through my journey. My fiance and I have a blogspot called www.asouthernlove.blogspot.com I am working on an additional blog. You will be among the first that I share that additional blogspot with because you have asked for my story. I want you to know that I am praying for you and your church there and I am praying for you and your sweet family! I hope that you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete