Friday, February 20, 2009

The Success "Secret"

I just got back this morning from a special discussion panel I was asked to be a part of for our Mothers of Preschoolers ministry at church.  This is a wonderful group of young ladies that are seeking to become godly moms, godly wives, and do that during one of the most stressful periods of life.  They had a few Dads on a panel and got to grill us.

We were asked a lot of questions  about how we try make our marriage work, how to keep your family on track, and all of those issues that we struggle with daily as families.  I was struck by my own answers, because I was reminded of what real success in our relationships is really about.

Success isn't a destination; it's a journey.  In other words, success isn't some "magic" moment on the horizon where my husband suddenly meets all of my needs or my wife becomes the fulfillment of all my fantasies.  Success is what we do every day to love and serve each other. It's the little things.  The one million decisions you make this day and the next.  

If you keep focusing on the destination, you will get frustrated and weary before you ever see any progress.  Make the decision today to just enjoy the journey.  Be thankful.  Honor and serve each other.  Smile.  Laugh.  Enjoy the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment